Life Insurance


Ad

Advertisements

F

financefan

warthog said:
Hi there,

where's the best place to get Life Insurance?

Thanks.
If you get it from me and you don't make a claim (die) during the term of
the plan, you get all your premiums back.
 
T

Timothy Lee

financefan said:
If you get it from me and you don't make a claim (die) during the term of
the plan, you get all your premiums back.
Now we have had one thread from you already about this, now I think you
might get in trouble soon, I realise you are offering non-regulated
cover, but you shouldn't really be touting for it here, and I am sure
you should also be pointing out that you are offering it as some sort of
a rep of just one company.
 
F

financefan

Timothy Lee said:
Now we have had one thread from you already about this, now I think you
might get in trouble soon, I realise you are offering non-regulated
cover, but you shouldn't really be touting for it here, and I am sure
you should also be pointing out that you are offering it as some sort of
a rep of just one company.
Thanks for your comments Tim, you are right it is unregulated insurance so I
have every right to advertise here just as you are advertising your website
address. If you are posting on here out of genuine concern for people why do
you post your web-site address as well. At least I am upfront and
furthermore I believe that what I am offering is an excellent product. If
people are not interested (and I have had a lot of response from my
postings) then that is perfectly OK, I am not in the business of
pressurising anyone into anything but I think people have the right to know
what is out there in order to make an informed decision about what they
want. I am sure that anyone reading this gets bombarded by marketing e-mails
selling cheap insurance, so why can't I put postings in a couple of news
groups that I have posted to in the past?

Thanks again
 
T

Timothy Lee

financefan said:
Thanks for your comments Tim, you are right it is unregulated insurance so I
have every right to advertise here just as you are advertising your website
address. If you are posting on here out of genuine concern for people why do
you post your web-site address as well. At least I am upfront and
furthermore I believe that what I am offering is an excellent product. If
people are not interested (and I have had a lot of response from my
postings) then that is perfectly OK, I am not in the business of
pressurising anyone into anything but I think people have the right to know
what is out there in order to make an informed decision about what they
want. I am sure that anyone reading this gets bombarded by marketing e-mails
selling cheap insurance, so why can't I put postings in a couple of news
groups that I have posted to in the past?
I may have missed it but I think you are working for American Life and I
am sure they (or whoever it is) will want you to confirm which company
you are working for.

In the other thread you are suggesting that cheaper quotes from other
companies will have term rates that will be going up, ok there are
reviewable term rates, but most policies are guaranteed rates. Your
proposition is to load the premium in the expectation that people will
not maintain the policy for the full term and/or forget to claim their
refund etc.

You say you have had interest from your postings, if that is so, we
should point out that there are IFAs here who will be able to secure
much more competitive rates from the entire marketplace.

You may also find it helpful to read newsgroup charters.
 
T

tim

Timothy Lee said:
In the other thread you are suggesting that cheaper quotes from other
companies will have term rates that will be going up, ok there are
reviewable term rates, but most policies are guaranteed rates. Your
proposition is to load the premium in the expectation that people will
not maintain the policy for the full term and/or forget to claim their
refund etc.
One would hope that the business plan isn't one based upon
making it hard for people to claim their refund.
I would hope that the refund was 'automatic'.

The product would seem to be opportunistic enough without
that

tim
 
Ad

Advertisements

F

financefan

Timothy Lee said:
I may have missed it but I think you are working for American Life and I
am sure they (or whoever it is) will want you to confirm which company
you are working for.

In the other thread you are suggesting that cheaper quotes from other
companies will have term rates that will be going up, ok there are
reviewable term rates, but most policies are guaranteed rates. Your
proposition is to load the premium in the expectation that people will
not maintain the policy for the full term and/or forget to claim their
refund etc.

You say you have had interest from your postings, if that is so, we
should point out that there are IFAs here who will be able to secure
much more competitive rates from the entire marketplace.
Who's touting now??
You may also find it helpful to read newsgroup charters.

-- I hope you give this 'advice' to everyone who advertises on newsgroups.
It must take you all day, they should really be paying you for this. As I
say I am only making people aware of the choices that they have, and I'd
also like to point out that (I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong) IFA's
cannot offer this type of cover and also just because someone is an IFA does
not mean they are going to sell the 'best' product for the customer due to
varying commission rates with different companies. Furthermore IFA's do not
have access to all financial products on the market. There are a huge number
of companies out there who only sell directly to the public eg, HBOS.
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
twatlightpropertydotcom
Thanks again for YOUR opinion
 
S

stuart noble

Timothy Lee wrote in message ...
You say you have had interest from your postings, if that is so, we
should point out that there are IFAs here who will be able to secure
much more competitive rates from the entire marketplace.
Can anyone explain how Norwich Union can insure a 61 year old for £200K for
28 years for £219.20 per month? Seems like a bad deal for them, so no doubt
I'm missing something.
 
J

john boyle

financefan said:
As I
say I am only making people aware of the choices that they have,
No, your only advising them of ONE choice and misleading them about the
others.
and I'd
also like to point out that (I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong) IFA's
cannot offer this type of cover
Yes they can, they can advise a client to buy any financial product from
anybody.

and also just because someone is an IFA does
not mean they are going to sell the 'best' product for the customer due to
varying commission rates with different companies.
Sadly, some are like this but, gladly, most are not. When inspected an
IFA has to justify his choice to the FSA.,

Furthermore IFA's do not
have access to all financial products on the market. There are a huge number
of companies out there who only sell directly to the public eg, HBOS.
And fee based IFAs will advise them to go to HBOS if that is the best
deal. What they CAN do and what you CANT do is to talk and advise the
client about the HBOS product. Thankfully it would be illegal for you to
do so, and I say 'thankfully' because you have little knowledge of other
providers products.
 
F

financefan

john boyle said:
No, your only advising them of ONE choice and misleading them about the
others.
I am not advising anybody to do anything. I am simply providing a means in
which to buy this type of cover should they so wish.
Yes they can, they can advise a client to buy any financial product from
anybody.
Yes, they could advise it however, the customer would still have to purchase
directly.
Sadly, some are like this but, gladly, most are not. When inspected an
IFA has to justify his choice to the FSA.,
As does a 'tied' financial adviser and beleive me they will find a way to
justify it.
And fee based IFAs will advise them to go to HBOS if that is the best
deal.

I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone would want to pay an IFA to
tell them who does the 'cheapest' insurance??
What they CAN do and what you CANT do is to talk and advise the
client about the HBOS product. Thankfully it would be illegal for you to
do so, and I say 'thankfully' because you have little knowledge of other
providers products.
As an insurance representative of my specific company, my job does not
entail knowing about other providers products nor is it my job to provide
'advice' to customers. My job is to provide customers with quotes and advise
them that they will get all their premiums back at the end of the term if
they do not make a claim. If the customer is happy with the details and find
it is cheaper than what they are paying at the moment, then the customer is
happy and I am happy at having provided them with such an excellent product
in addition, safe in the knowledge that they will be getting back a nice
lump sum at the end of the term that they otherwise would not have got had
they got their insurance elsewhere.

Thanks (again) for your comments
 
J

john boyle

financefan said:
I am not advising anybody to do anything. I am simply providing a means in
which to buy this type of cover should they so wish.
Your said you were "
You are not, you are telling them only about the product you want to
sell to them.
Yes, they could advise it however, the customer would still have to purchase
directly.
Of course.
As does a 'tied' financial adviser and beleive me they will find a way to
justify it.
Eh? A tied adviser has only to justify the generic product type, whilst
an IFA has also got to justify the provider. You said that an IFA would
be influenced by commission, my point is that he cant be.

deal.

I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone would want to pay an IFA to
tell them who does the 'cheapest' insurance??
What world do you live in? Clients go to an IFA for advice. Thats what
the A stands for.

As an insurance representative of my specific company, my job does not
entail knowing about other providers products nor is it my job to provide
'advice' to customers.
But in your earlier posts you have made assertions about other products
in justification of the product you are selling that were quite
incorrect. Do you tell your customers they same rubbish that you quoted
here?

My job is to provide customers with quotes and advise
them that they will get all their premiums back at the end of the term if
they do not make a claim. If the customer is happy with the details
fine

and find
it is cheaper than what they are paying at the moment,
Eh?

then the customer is
happy and I am happy at having provided them with such an excellent product
in addition, safe in the knowledge that they will be getting back a nice
lump sum at the end of the term that they otherwise would not have got had
they got their insurance elsewhere.
Eh? You really havent got the gist of this have you?
Thanks (again) for your comments
And for yours.................
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Tim

financefan writes
"john boyle" wrote
What world do you live in?
:) I thought the same, but couldn't think of a way to put it which was as
good as John's comment!
financefan writes
"john boyle" wrote
But in your earlier posts you have made assertions
about other products in justification of the product
you are selling that were quite incorrect.
Do you tell your customers the
same rubbish that you quoted here?
Unfortunately, Angela (financefan) has already stated: "I have had a lot of
response from my postings."
So the answer to John's question must be, effectively, "yes" - as (at least
some of) the customers have read the postings. :-((

I pity anyone who is taken in by all this blurb ....
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

warthog

Thanks for the advice... Decided to go with the Halifax for life Insureance.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads

Term Life Insurance 22
Term life insurance 7
UK Life insurance 2
Life Insurance 1
Life insurance or credit insurance ? 4
life insurance ownership 4
My life insurance 1
Life Insurance Question 8

Top