Limited Partnership enticement

Reaction score
My partner and I are working on bringing an ice rink to our local area. We will be the general partners, but desire additional capital. We have a captive audience of parents (parents of hockey players and figure skaters), who we would try to sell to-- Without going into a lot of boring detail, the only local ice facility is an arena, which only has ice due to a local minor league hockey team. Ice availability is limited to certain times of the year and during those times, only when there is not another event or preparation for an event occurring. Simply, it can't meet the minimum requirements to ensure strong, growing, competitive leagues.

Right now, the goal is to raise $200k - $250k through a limited parthership, selling at around $2,500 per "share". Though the need for a true, year-round facility is the major reason these people would invest, I would like to create some mechanism for buying-back these "shares", based on some sort of criteria or "trigger". Basically, it becomes a better investment if not only does the limited partner share in profits and in losses (tax purposes), there is also a predetermined method by which he/she can get the original investment back. This method also has to be favorable to the general partners in that I don't want to make cash payments to limited partners in any form, before the general partners get some amount of financial reward. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Ask a Question