USA Live overseas, filed taxes, heard nothing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have lived overseas for over a decade and recently caught up my taxes. I sent in 1040s and 2555s to the Austin, TX address the IRS says to send it all to. That's been about 3 months ago.

How can I tell whether it's all been received, reviewed, approved, disapproved, etc? I had thought they would send me something acknowledging they had received. Either they haven't received it, or have and can't be bothered to let me know.

What is the easiest way to find out?

thanks,
Sal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you, but that's for refund status. I don't have any refund coming, I filed ten years of back taxes and all of the income was exempted as foreign earned income. I was just reporting it. I don't know if they've got it, processed it, or how to find out without wasting a half day calling them, which I'd have to do at night since I'm 12 hours difference.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Try to gain access to you account on line to see your transcripts. But three months might not be enough time.

Alternatively you can hire a tax professional, give them power of attorney, and they can access your transcripts.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried accessing online but it can't manage to match up my address. I doubt a tax pro would have much more luck. Can't believe how difficult something so simple has become.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If I have power of at th I can usually access your transcripts with minutes.

I can't believe how impatient people sometimes are especially after they procrastinate, and how difficult they make life.

Ask a Question