Australia Looking to step into the field of accounting

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello my name is Heather Secombe

I have couple questions about what to do in starting in the field of accounting.

First question
I am thinking of starting uni this year mid year, but I would like to try and talk to other accountants about how to possibly get into an accounting office for either work experience, just being a gofer or even just person that shadows someone else around for a day.

The reason for this is just to better understand the field from an actual working prospective and see what I can get into when I start university.

Second question
I'd like to ask about resource materials in learning about accounting. I am doing personal study before I hit uni so I have some understanding of the accounting basics, and I am able to study ahead and hopefully excel in my grades. Any tips on sites, books, and general keys points most important to study in accounting, both uni and job wise.

Third, Internships
I am happy with either paid or unpaid internships as long as I have experience, but I realize even internships are highly competitive themselves (or they can be). So my question is what is the best way to go about getting an internship (good grades aside).

lastly while I'm here any good books and sites for economics and learning about the stock market.

Thank you very much your time whomever answers.

Reaction score
Hello Heather,
I have finish master for accounting and auditing and i suggest you to start accounting university.There are a lot of sittes who have enough informations about accounting.
Regards

Ask a Question