USA M&A Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been participating in a position of FP&A... and in this process a I have this question below... someone could please help me? Tks a lot!!

Our group often acquires other enterprise software companies. As a part of these acquisitions, we need to perform purchase accounting on the balance sheet - adjusting deferred revenues, intangibles, and equity based on fair value at the time of acquisition. Please explain:

• The detailed steps you would take to complete this task
  • Specifically detailed fair value adjustments required,
  • Your approach for each adjustment, any mention any additional assumptions you may require.

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a study or interview question to me... Please attempt the question yourself then ask for help with the specific parts you have trouble with.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like a study or interview question to me... Please attempt the question yourself then ask for help with the specific parts you have trouble with.
It's an interview question... as I said I'm participating in a FP&A position... but I'm not accountant... I have been looking for in google any answer related and I couldn't find... based on that I'm asking help! Could you please help me? or in fact it's a very hard question?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even worse if it is an interview question. If you can't answer the question you won't be able to do the job. Please don't waste the employer's time.

Ask a Question