M.Acct or MBA?

J

JD

Okay, so here's the deal, I am studying to be an accountant like the other 3 million college students in the USA. However, I am quite aware that the market for entry level CPA's is quite low. I was considering chasing after my Masters of Accountancy since I have to take and additional 30 hours to sit in for the CPA exam. My question is should I go for my MBA instead? I also plan to minor in finance I just haven't decided if I want to go for a certificate in that area in addition to my CPA. I am not sure at this point if I want to become a CPA because of all the rhetoric about the lack of job prospects. Will someone give me their opinion?

Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave

Okay, so here's the deal, I am studying to be an accountant like the other 3 million college students in the USA. However, I am quite aware that the market for entry level CPA's is quite low. I was considering chasing after my Masters of Accountancy since I have to take and additional 30 hours to sit in for the CPA exam. My question is should I go for my MBA instead? I also plan to minor in finance I just haven't decided if I want to go for a certificate in that area in addition to my CPA. I am not sure at this point if I want to become a CPA because of all the rhetoric about the lack of job prospects. Will someone give me their opinion?

If you like working with numbers and make good grades stick with the accounting degree and try getting a job after graduation instead of "chasing" after those other credentials. They may not add much in todays job market and your future employer will probably pay for those extra courses if you decide you need them.

Ask a Question