Master of Accounting

Reaction score
Hallo!

My name is Alan, I am from Russia. I am a thrid-year student and I study accounting. I am graduating in a year, this means I must decide where to continue my education and get my Master's Degree. That is why I would like to ask you for advice.

Could you tell me please, where in the USA or in the UK I should study Accounting in order to become Master of Accounting and study what is necessary to be a competent accountant/auditor? Besides, would you be so kind to explain whether knowledge of IFRS and GAAP is necessary for me to start my studies? The thing is, I study Russian Standards of Accounting, but not IFRS or GAAP at my university. Though I have learnt only the basics of IFRS during the course by "Ernst and Young" which was about 2 months long. However I think this knowledge is not sufficient.

Thank you very much for your advice and time.

Reaction score
Alan, it depends on where you want to practice. If you want to practice in the UK or USA then yes you will need IFRS and GAAP knowledge. Once you decide where you want to practice then we can help you better. Good luck.

Ask a Question