Microsoft Money 2005 - Bulk copy payee fields to memo fields in Money?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Money' started by piecevcake, Aug 21, 2017.

1. piecevcake

piecevcake

Thanks to your forum, I have just identified a problem that has been happening for years. My bank has been putting the memo in <NAME> field in QIFs and nothing in <MEMO> field. (Consequence: NOTHING was categorised!) I've asked the bank to fix it... but have thousands of transactions to fix.

I can bulk replace the payees by doing an f3 replace. But that will overwrite the transaction details I still need, which should be in the memo fields! So I need to COPY the memos from the Name field to the memo field first.
    (I paid people to spend weeks manually copying them, ended in heaps of errors!)

Can anyone help with a way to do that by bulk replace in selected transactions, or hack?

(I can't re-download the transactions, even if the bank does fix it; and in any event I can't delete all my reconciled transactions, hundreds of which have been updated by hand.)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    piecevcake, Aug 21, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. piecevcake

esanfo99

There's a Java library for MS-Access called Jackcess that can also be used to programmatically modify MS-Money data fields, including Name and Memo fields. http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/
    I've used Jackcess to modify MS-Money data fields, clean up old stock quotes, and convert MS-Money databases to other versions of MS-Money. It should be relatively easy to write a simple Java program to copy data from the Name field to the Memo field using Jackcess.

esanfo99, Dec 27, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question