MOA 8 on desktop & laptop


K

Kath

I have a client who is trying to do the same thing [desktop in office, laptop
home at night to "do" the books]. He backsup to usb from desktop. To get the
laptop to receive the backup has been trouble, he gets an error message
talking about not being on the same SQL server. The same version installed on
both machines - any idea what he is doing wrong here?

I tried to use my MOA 8 on a desktop [home office] and a laptop [work]. I
backup both to USB and direct connect to my laptop - everything works great.
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

CPA Hound

He could do this with .sbb backup files instead of the database files -
however he would be much better off terminal serving in or using some
Terminal Service like client - there are a number of them out there now.
Trading back and forth will get pretty untenable eventually.
 
K

Kath

You are "teching" over my head... terminal serving? this is a small one man
photographer who has a hard enough time just using MOA much less using what
seems to be network-- would this be like a two computer "network" [like
wireless I have at home] and share the files that way? which would be
easier/cheaper solution for a small one person operation who is not very
computer savvy?

KMAS


CPA Hound said:
He could do this with .sbb backup files instead of the database files -
however he would be much better off terminal serving in or using some
Terminal Service like client - there are a number of them out there now.
Trading back and forth will get pretty untenable eventually.

Kath said:
I have a client who is trying to do the same thing [desktop in office, laptop
home at night to "do" the books]. He backsup to usb from desktop. To get the
laptop to receive the backup has been trouble, he gets an error message
talking about not being on the same SQL server. The same version installed on
both machines - any idea what he is doing wrong here?

I tried to use my MOA 8 on a desktop [home office] and a laptop [work]. I
backup both to USB and direct connect to my laptop - everything works great.
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

CPA Hound

You don't need to have a lot of computer knowledge for these programs - one
of them is one that I have seen some of my firends use - I have not and
cannot vouch personally for it - gotomypc:
https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/affil/2...&AID=10300414&PID=1535394&SID=ggExGo_to_my_pc

Basically, you would be accessing your computer at work from another
computer over the Internet. This way you do not need to transport the
database etc - it may even be less technical than what you are doing now.

Kath said:
You are "teching" over my head... terminal serving? this is a small one man
photographer who has a hard enough time just using MOA much less using what
seems to be network-- would this be like a two computer "network" [like
wireless I have at home] and share the files that way? which would be
easier/cheaper solution for a small one person operation who is not very
computer savvy?

KMAS


CPA Hound said:
He could do this with .sbb backup files instead of the database files -
however he would be much better off terminal serving in or using some
Terminal Service like client - there are a number of them out there now.
Trading back and forth will get pretty untenable eventually.

Kath said:
I have a client who is trying to do the same thing [desktop in office, laptop
home at night to "do" the books]. He backsup to usb from desktop. To get the
laptop to receive the backup has been trouble, he gets an error message
talking about not being on the same SQL server. The same version installed on
both machines - any idea what he is doing wrong here?

I tried to use my MOA 8 on a desktop [home office] and a laptop [work]. I
backup both to USB and direct connect to my laptop - everything works great.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top