Modified Altamn's model

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Hi there. I have a question regarding academic research. I want to how can we interpret the Z values in the modified Altman' model developed by Mack Mason (1990). What does =1.75 mean?
How is the financial health/distress of the company?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

According to above article, scores lower than 1.8 indicate company heading to bankruptcy.

Reaction score
Country

According to above article, scores lower than 1.8 indicate company heading to bankruptcy.
Thank you so much. But I am actually looking for the interpretation of Z-scores of "modified" Altman's model (by Mack Mason).

Reaction score
Country

Above is the original paper where Altman’s model was modified. I see no mention of an interpretation of scores different from the original model.
Thank you Kirby. I have a manuscript under review, and one of the reviewers asked me to interpret the mean z-score=1.755 which was obtained using the modified Altman's model. I have no choice but to use the interpretations of the z zones of the original Altman's model.

Ask a Question