MS in Accounting

Reaction score
Hello,

I just joined here and wanted to get some insight/tips from others that may have been in my shoes or can just give general advice on this topic.

A little about me, graduated with a Bachelors in Finance. I have been working in the hedge fund services industry for the past 7 years. Throughout my career I have worked on mutual funds, hedge funds, and fund of funds doing the day to day accounting along with month end closes/reporting.

With that being said, I've been looking to get an MS in Accounting for a few reasons. I enjoy the accounting I have been doing but want to expand my knowledge within other areas of accounting rather than just knowing investment accounting. I know an MS in Accounting sets you up to take the CPA exam but I'm really not looking to go this route. At my current age, I personally don't have the drive or as much time for studying. I'm also looking to get this degree to perhaps enhance my qualifications and add something more to my resume.

My main question here is it beneficial for me to get this degree to help boost my resume for future endeavors and to just have a better knowledge of accounting that I can maybe talk about in interviews down the line? Or is it pointless to get this degree without getting the CPA after?

Sorry for long post but any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Ask a Question