MS Money 2004 (UK) - v - Windows 7

Reaction score
I am currently running MS Money 2004 (UK) under Vista Ultimate without to many problems although I have twice completely lost the file and have had to restore it from back-up. Strangely the back-up and main file reside in the same location (under "Documents") and it is only the main file that disappears.

I would like to move on to Windows 7 but I have been told that MS Money 2004 (UK) is not compatible with Windows 7. Is this true or are others using the combination without drama.

All comments welcome.

DD

Reaction score
Microsoft Money & Windows 7

I have been running Money 2004 for the last couple of years with only one minor problem. The problem is that on shutdown it comes up with a window starting that 'This operation cannot be performed'. I get round it by using windows task manager to shut it down. The only other thing is tat some of the shares don't update as Microsoft have turned that off, but that happened a year ago, but it sounds like you don't use that facility.

You might find a website that is useful if you search for 'MS Money 1105 patch'.

Reaction score
I heard to some that it is not compatible and for sure it will be a big problem but if you want to try it well try it and experiment cause you already have a back up right?

Ask a Question