MS Money 2006 can't restore back up file

Reaction score
I had to reinstall my OS, I made a back up of money file. Then I reinstalled MS Money 2006 Premium version and wanted to restore the latest back up file from Sep 2010. Each time I try to do it I get a message that password is incorrect or MS money is not working. If I try to restore a backup file from 2006, there is no problem, but 2010 or 2009 files I can't restore. I haven't changed my password. I am still able to login MS Money and my hotmail account. Any advise on how I can resolve this problem?

Also, the last time I restored my files was 3 years ago. I should have Money data from 2004, but I only see data from Sep 2006. Before I reisntalled the OS on my laptop I wanted to go back and look at history data, and I only had data from Sep 2006. It is really strange that I can't access my old data. Any ideas where my old data might have been?

Ask a Question