Need advice on investment and Tax treatment

UK Discussion in 'General Tax Discussion' started by SantaClaus, Dec 11, 2018.

  1. SantaClaus


    Dec 11, 2018
    Likes Received:

    I am thinking of creating limited company to put in my long-term investments in indexes and shares. Not sure about the legality or tax complications of such arrangement, therefore, would like an advice or at least some guidance.

    It would be “retirement” savings. Something I would cash in in 30 years. I am reluctant to do it through mainstream tools as I do not want to be ripped off with fees and have no certainty that in 30 years I will get anything back. Therefore, I want to take it in my own hands and am looking for tax efficient ways.

    The idea is to open limited company and lend £100 every month to the company. This money would be spent on buying indexes and shares. No sale of any shares or indexes would happen for 30 years. Any dividends received would be reinvested.

    Is anyone able to advice if such scheme would work with HMRC?
    SantaClaus, Dec 11, 2018
    1. Advertisements

  2. SantaClaus

    Becky Administrator

    Aug 26, 2011
    Likes Received:
    I can't foresee any problems, but this is not my area of expertise. The company would technically be a "close investment company". As long as you register the company with HMRC, make all necessary filings and tax payments there shouldn't be a problem. Is there a reason you don't want to invest in a workplace/private pension though? And have you looked at SIPPs?
    Becky, Dec 13, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.