UK Need advice on investment and Tax treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am thinking of creating limited company to put in my long-term investments in indexes and shares. Not sure about the legality or tax complications of such arrangement, therefore, would like an advice or at least some guidance.

It would be “retirement” savings. Something I would cash in in 30 years. I am reluctant to do it through mainstream tools as I do not want to be ripped off with fees and have no certainty that in 30 years I will get anything back. Therefore, I want to take it in my own hands and am looking for tax efficient ways.

The idea is to open limited company and lend £100 every month to the company. This money would be spent on buying indexes and shares. No sale of any shares or indexes would happen for 30 years. Any dividends received would be reinvested.

Is anyone able to advice if such scheme would work with HMRC?

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't foresee any problems, but this is not my area of expertise. The company would technically be a "close investment company". As long as you register the company with HMRC, make all necessary filings and tax payments there shouldn't be a problem. Is there a reason you don't want to invest in a workplace/private pension though? And have you looked at SIPPs?

Ask a Question