Need advice regarding Big 4 Offer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently received an offer from a Big 4 (Company B) accounting Firm, but because of the recruiting schedule, I haven't yet interviewed with my ideal employer, another Big 4 ( company A).

I don't want to reject the offer and not get hired by company A, being left in the cold with no options. I also don't want to accept the offer to company B just because they recruited earlier and cut myself off from interviewing with company A.

Thank you very much any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Take the offer as this is still a Big 4 and will help your career. If you do get an offer from Company A then you can evaluate if you want to jump ship. This way you are guaranteed a job with a major firm no matter what Company A does.

Why does it matter which Big 4 you work for anyway as I assume you are just getting your feet wet at this time?

Reaction score
Ether,

I was in the same position once, and just took the job with Company B, however in hindsight, I think you should try the following:
1. Tell Company B you'd like more time to consider the offer as you are currently interviewing and waiting back from a couple of other places. This is not going to make them think you are disloyal, they understand that people apply to other places, particularly other Big 4 firms. They may push you for an ultimatem date though, but if you've got through their whole recruitment process, they'd be silly to scare you off, so try giving them one, even if it is a month or so later.
2. Tell Company A you've had an offer for Company B, so you'd like to get an interview there as early as possible because it's your preferred place to work. If you've got an offer at one Big 4 firm, you should be decent, and they'll know that, so they should try and accomodate.

If you want any more info on what it's like working at the different firms, take a look at some of the guides written by people on our site big4gossip - Big 4 Firms

Hopefully this helps,

Thanks,

Accountant1

Ask a Question