USA Need professional advice

May 4, 2018
Reaction score
United States
Hey All,
I am working with a cpa firm and was preparing for my CPA too.
My boss who is a cpa told me to do an EA (Enrolled agent) first so in that way you will be able to earn better and with earning better you can spend more time to getting your cpa passed.
I did the same as he advice me ... i postpone the cpa and Started doing EA .. now when i m preparing for EA... after tax season my boss is laying me off due to less work.
I need advice what should i do .... should continue completing EA first and than CPA or should leave the EA behind and get on to CPA?
Advice will be appreciated


VIP Member
May 12, 2011
Reaction score
United States
After you have found a new job, then I would stick with your original goal and seek the CPA license. It is a longer path but makes you more attractive in the job market.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads

USA Aspiring Accountant. Need advice 0
UK Need career advice 0
UK Advice needed 8
UK Need a professional advice 1
UK We need help-advice!! 0
UK Need advice on investment and Tax treatment 1
USA Distilling business - need advise 1
Need advice of account entry 3