New Guy With Some Questions

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a few questions as I try to figure out my educational path in the future. I am currently in the military and have about 2 years left. I will be complete with my BA in Accounting at the end of this year from Ashford University and will move straight into my MBA from Lakeland University. My main question is this, Lakeland offers two CMA prep classes that also count towards my graduate degree. I was wondering if you would reccomend I attempt to take the CMA tests when I still have a year until I can start my accounting career or should I wait until a later time. The thing I am most worried about is that I have 7 years to complete my 2 years in a management accounting spot to fullfill the CMA requirements. Since I will still be in the military for the first year I will only actually have 6 years to complete this, do you think this is possible for a person with no prior accounting experiance to get a management position that fast? Also has anyone else taken the prep courses from Lakeland, if so what did you think of them?

Thank you very much for any help

V/R,
Josh Splinter

Reaction score
not sure if it can be done in 6 years, only way i can see that happening is working in very small accountancy practice and proving yr self big time in first 3 years and then hoping the current manager leaves or is jus really bad at his job.
but baing relistic i think u will be looking at more like 10 years, as its more based on expreince rather than yr quilifications.

Ask a Question