USA New Investment and Loan Proforma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with this or point me to the right direction because I have searched the internet and have not found any one with a similar proforma.

I was given a task to create a proforma based on a 5 million (0% interest - nonprofit loan) that would expand one of our social enterprises (landscaping). So I basically have a list of items that will be bought with the loan, a 10 year budget with expected (increased) revenues given that we purchase all those items, and that's about it. I also know that the pro forma needs to show loan repayment.

So where do I start? Is it as simple as adding the loan to the income statement for the 10 year budget or do I need to expand and show it in a different format. Please help, and samples would be amazing too if you did something similar.

Thanks in advance!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The goal here is to show whether your organization generates enough cash to payoff the loan. So you will create 10 years of pro forma balance sheet and income statements, showing the cash in of the loan and the cash out of the landscaping payments as well as the cash out of the loan repayments. So, you need to model how your organization operates over the next 10 years. I included balance sheet in case you have any loan covenants that restrict any financial ratios, like % of cash to current liabilities. You also need to know: the expected schedule of landscape payments and loan repayments - that is; when and how much. So see if anyone has that info. Be realistic in your projections and know that this is a really good project for your resume.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot to add:
Use SUMMARIZED financial statements not the detailed g/l level statements. Otherwise this will take forever.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot to add:
Use SUMMARIZED financial statements not the detailed g/l level statements. Otherwise this will take forever.
Kirby, you the best. Thank you! I will add questions to this thread if I run into something along the way.

Last edited:

Ask a Question