USA Newly out of state employee - Taxes?

Jul 9, 2013
Reaction score

One of our employees moved out of state from California (where we are based) to Texas, where they have no state income tax. She telecommutes 100 percent from home. I think we are supposed to stop withholding CA state income tax, but I don't want to do that without filling in the right forms and risk making a mistake. I can't seem to reach a live person at either the Texas or California tax entities.

Does anyone know if, as an employer, I need to fill out certain forms? Where might I find these forms?

Thanks for your help!


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question