No job for me? :(

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm getting really frustrated!

I graduated 7 years ago in BS Accounting. I landed a full-time job as an Accounting Assistant a couple of months after graduation, I moved overseas so it didn't last very long. Since then, I wasn't able to find another job in the Accounting field. I have experienced in Tax Preparation and Filing during the season and have worked at a bank as part-time teller because I had to take care of my son. I have been applying a position in the Accounting industry for over a year and hasn't been very lucky at all! What can you suggest for me?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I doubt this is a realistic option for Bonsaj with a kid (i'm not sure about your situation CPain) but have either of looked into doing unpaid internships just to gain some experience?

Reaction score
Yes, chelso. I stopped a few years ago though because I was overqualified. I figured that an internship has an extremely good chance of leading to a full-time hire but nothing came of it. I've also applied to positions in Finance JUST so I could possibly find something related.

Reaction score
bonsai - consider this, maybe your methods of finding a job are too saturated, meaning there may be alot of other people doing exaclty what you are doing to find work, it would be advisable to use methods others are not.

Goto tradeshows, conferences, meetups, seminars, small local talks etc.. and network with others within the industry.

Opportunities open up when you network and tell others what your specific specialty is. Also keep in contact with others and something will turn up.

Ask a Question