USA NO social security-FICA Paid for 12 years

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am in a pickle.
Last yr found out tax lady has NOT paid my SS etc since 2001. I am selp-employed contractor. Last year I went to another accountant-MY Preparer NOT an accountant.
She would not touch my case after review tax copies. I wish to make right but doubt I can afford now. I never questioned her and paid in what I was told to send.
SO -yes resently found after finally opening 1 of the SS statements that come in mail.
Tax preparer said I do not have to pay. I even called SS and the IRS last fall and got nowhere excep I could pay back in past 3 years and 3 months. I told on myself when gave all info but NO HELP.
I suspect may owe $25- $30k,
HELP PLEASE. I let the last yr go because scared and sure I cant afford to pay.
I think I saved IRS and SS call case numbers---MAYBE.
Rick

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Based on you saying " I let this go last year because scared" - you should hire a CPA who specializes in tax to handle this for you. You should have the money because you estimated you have about $30K that you did not pay to IRS. So I hope you still have that. Anyway the CPA can negotiate with IRS for you. Do not try to handle this on your own. And just because IRS has not contacted you so far does not mean that they will never do so. You better have the CPA contact IRS before IRS contacts you because once they start to collect they do so very fast and in ways that you will not like.

Reaction score
NO fica pd

Hello and thank you,
I was basing the total on about 14%. Nothing saved because thought all was good.
The lady that does taxes and has for many years even before self employed said I do not need to pay and already paid enough in to draw so I took her word and in the past year read ifferently on net. I even called both IRS and SS offices. I tried one accountant and she was reluctant to help. SO, I know you are right.
Hardhat

Ask a Question