USA not the most confident accounting student

Reaction score
So I am currently finishing up my last semester at the local community college (Solano Community College) and I have a few concerns about the major I chose to transfer with. I will be transfering to Sonoma State University as a Business administration major with a concentration in accounting in the spring. I have already previously completed the introduction accounting courses (Financial and Managerial) in my first few semesters at the JC and I got a B in both of them. I dont really remember too much from these classes. I know i should of took school more seriously my first few semesters :/ but what can I say I was freash out of high school. My concern is the upper division accounting classes and how difficult they will be for me since i dont really remember too much of the things i learned in those beging accounting classes. So basically my question is do upper division accoutning courses review material from the classes I completed at the jc? My other question is would it be a better idea to switch my major? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
This is my personal experience--hopefully it will help in your decision--I completed an Associates degree in Accounting in 1992 at a community college. I am now working on my BS in Accounting & MBA (over 20 years later). I would be struggling if I did not have a basic understanding of accounting concepts and terminology and have been working as a Certified Professional Bookkeeper (CPB) for all of those years. In my upper level accounting classes, there has been no review--jumped right to preparing taxes, calculating depreciation and COGS, etc. Good luck to you! Jeanna

Ask a Question