Opinions Required - New Accountancy Firm

Reaction score
Hi, I am just working on a few ideas and am trying to gauge the level of interest in the idea of an accountancy practice that:

- Does not increase fees at all after the first year of a client using services
- Is available purely as an online service as well as the usual client-into-office system
- Offers discounts to clients in return for services (dependent on nature of business)
- Employs qualified accountants (almost like an agency system) to take on work sometimes

Is this so much different to most regular accountancy practices? Also, as a customer would you be interested in a service such as this?

Any feedback would be really helpful,
Thanks, Adam

Reaction score
- Does not increase fees at all after the first year of a client using services

If you do something like this you should at least build in an amount for inflation.

- Is available purely as an online service as well as the usual client-into-office system

This is OK although most of my clients would prefer to see me.

- Offers discounts to clients in return for services (dependent on nature of business)

Do you mean like a barter system? Much better if you use one of your clients for a service that you pay them in full and vice versa.

- Employs qualified accountants (almost like an agency system) to take on work sometimes

I sub-contract when necessary but am reluctant to do so. As a small practice my clients have made an arrangement with me, not a sub-contractor.

Reaction score
Agreed entirely about the agency point, I hadn't thought of it in such a way but it does make me question whether this would really be beneficial.

Interesting point about the barter system, do you think this would be more beneficial (to pay in full from both parties) than both saving money? I'd have imagined that people would love a discount and would be happy to provide a service for a substantial discount, especially if it's a job which would not take a lot of time and effort, but then it's just my opinion.

Thanks again for the reply.

Reaction score
I agree with your point about clients being different, would you suggest just holding a free consultation and just basically negotiating from there for each client?

Reaction score
I operate 100% online and cannot see clients due to the fact that I cover the whole of England and Wales. It's something that works well for me when small businesses need an accountant to complete their more straight forward accountancy work.

Due to the fact that I work 100% online and have minimal overheads I chose to offer very low accountancy rates and give something back to the client in this respect. My business model is based on very competitive pricing.

Reaction score
I'm from Malaysia.. I'm from accounts background.. Wanna sub con to me?

Ask a Question