"Ordinary and Necessary" Advertising Expenses that you can Deduct


Tax Tip

You can deduct any advertising expenses that are considered “ordinary
and necessary” for your rental activity.

Common landlord expenses can be advertisements on the radio, in the
newspaper, classified lists, and phone books.

Other expenses may include the cost of signs, banners, and postage for
mailers. You can even deduct the cost of advertising for vacancies,
including the cost of building a web site.

The IRS will not have a problem with advertising expenses as long as
they are “ordinary and necessary” for your rental activity.

Check out Real Tax Tips at TReXGlobal.com to learn more about saving
time and money on properties and taxes.
Be sure to try Simplify'em, the FREE Property Management Software from
TReXGlobal.com. (http://www.trexglobal.com)

Community Relations TReXGlobal.com
Simple FREE to se Web Tools for Real Estate Investors


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question