Out of hours earnings and the taxman

Discussion in 'UK Finance' started by Wibbler, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Wibbler

    Wibbler Guest

    I have a 9 to 5 IT job, but recently have taken on out of hours
    consultancy and web design work - with some clients paying by cheque
    (and should therefore be taxed). Should I keep quiet until the Inland
    Revenue notice (I've never received a form from the Inland Revenue to
    fill in) - I'm happy to declare it if they ask - or should I phone
    them up now and tell them of my earnings?
    Wibbler, Aug 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  2. Wibbler

    Les Guest

    Wibbler said
    It is your responsibility to tell them and you must inform them that you
    have become self-employed within 3 month. You might also find that you
    have NI implications to your earnings as well as the tax.
    Les, Aug 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

  3. Wibbler

    David Floyd Guest

    Is being paid by cheque significant?

    David Floyd, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Wibbler

    Nick Read Guest

    Its only significant in the sense that it increases the likelihood of
    him being caught !

    Nick Read, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Wibbler

    David Floyd Guest


    I was trying to get him to acknowledge that :-(

    David Floyd, Aug 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.