Canada Parallel/DBL Entry with QB Pro 2014, 2 Revisions, Rev1/Rev2 both have COA thats diff.

MLT

Reaction score
Please help! If anyone can give me a list of DO's and Don't for the following data transfer...
I have a Rev.1 QB Company and a Rev.2 which I will be double entering into come Nov 1st... The COA for Rev.1 is totally messed up... things were not being allocated properly at all and the COA was not built to run proper reports like Profit/Loss... long story short its a mess... so I created a new company file on a 2nd computer, same QB version, and called it Rev.2 and it has a totally different COA... I don't want to just transfer over all transactions since the COA's dont match and Rev.1 is so screwed up,... I have less than a week to get Rev.2 up and running... I would HUGELY appreciate it if anyone could tell me things I will NEED to do, to remember, to avoid, ways around entering each Purchase Order from Rev.1 into Rev.2 individually... and on top of transferring over the bank balance as Rev.2 opening balance... and the Company cc balance as well... what other balances do I transfer? I currently (on Rev.1) enter things to be invoiced like this:
Technicians hand in to me our vendor invoice attached to our company PO's and write the job# its for on the PO. I enter the PO into QB, then create an Items receipt, then check off Bill received and save that after making it billable to a job#. Then when I do invoicing I just go to create an invoice, type in the job# at the top and all items, time, and expenses allocated to the job# pop up in a window that I check them off in and BAM my invoice is done. How do I ensure that when I am invoicing in Rev.2 every cost, item, time, etc. allocated to a job# will pop up if I am NOT entering every PO, Items, Receipt, etc. individually? Is there a way around that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MLT.

Ask a Question