Passion for work

Reaction score
During lunch time today, overheard a girl next table talking about her new job after hopping for the 7th job time in 2 years, passion about bakery and now saving money to attend course and later will open her own shop while playing her “Candy Crush”. (Sorry, she really talks too loud)Notice any problem here? I feel sorry for her employer that she is not passionate about her work at all. Not only that, she is not even passionate about her dream, what is the matter most to her is to achieve “Sugar Crush”.

People spend their whole life looking for what they desire or passionate about. But, do you know that your passion normally is what you think you are good at. Everyone is so passionate about “Angry Bird” and “Candy Crush” but when stuck at a level for too long, they lost “passion”. This is how passion work.

Why don’t you start to be passion about your work? You must first like what you do and not do what you like. You should not constantly find your passion, because passion may fade out through time. But on another hand, your passion will grow through time when you like what you do.

Take me as an example, I don’t even know what to study after Form 6, even the college enrolment form was filled up by my sister, Vicky. After graduate, I become Software Consultant, and day by day I try to improve my technique and knowledge in consultancy, even I’m not a sales person I always think of way to improve my employer. This is passion.

The result, my training to customer nowadays is much shorter compare to many other dealers. I will insist on the effectiveness compare to hours of training. How I do that? It take me 13 years to come out with the way I teach now. I always practice what I taught, I already know what will be the end result from my training, as I been through the same process.

So, if you really desire or passionate about something, make sure it match with your current ability. Don’t have the ability? Learn the skill or knowledge that involve, not “smashing the jelly” or invest in buying “charm” to complete the level, but invest into your own self.

Don’t dream…take immediate action. Be Passion to what you do.

Ask a Question