Paying Suppliers Without Invoice

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Hi, This my first time posting here and i'm not sure if this question has been answered before.
I recently joined a company in oman that does certain transport services in the petroleum industry an accountant. We get services from certain suppliers in remote locations with no invoices or other source documents in fact certain suppliers cant even read, for example we drill for water in the land of ordinary land owners in remote location and we pay them based on the number of trips we pump water in the tanks. for people like that how are we supposed to process payment .currently the previous accountant just puts it as a petty expense and the CEO approves it. what is the correct way to process this.please note that collecting an invoice or any other form of documents from the supplier is out of the question.

Thank you.

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When you send them the payment attach an "invoice" from your company stating what the payment is for and what services were agreed to. You can also add a small description in the memo field if a check that correlates to the "invoice" you include.

Ask a Question