Canada Please help with T accounts

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please note that if you are looking for assistance with an exam-style question, you must attempt the question yourself before asking for help. You can then state the answer you have so far and explain which aspect you need help with. Anyone posting exam-style questions expecting the answer to be given to them will have their posts removed. Repeat offenders will be banned from the forum.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's not an exam question. I just need help beciase j have no idea to start. Debit and credit theory confuse me. It's just a high school work sheet

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Exam style is homework as well. You are a student and must first attempt to solve the problem yourself. It is unethical to ask for professionals to provide you with solutions to your study assignments.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had tried multiple times but can't get it balanced. Just looking for some tips or corrections because I'm having trouble with the debit and credit theory. Pictures below

Attachments

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can see one of the reasons you are having problems. Your work is very sloppy making it very difficult to see if you are properly balancing debits and credits with each transaction.

There also seems that no accounts had prior balances. Yet some were contra-posted. Meaning the posting results in a negative balance for the account.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When a vendor provides a service to you but you do not pay at that time, what accounts are affected and how?

If you provide a service to a customer that does not pay at that time, what accounts are affected and how.

When you finally pay the vendor, what accounts are affected and how?

When the customer eventually pays you, what accounts are affected and how?

Ask a Question