UK Preparing first set of accounts longer than 12 months

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope you can help me with something which is probably quite basic.

My accounting period is from the 28 Aug 2014 (incorporation and first day of trading) - 31st Aug 2015.

As its longer than 12 months I needed to submit two sets of accounts to HMRC.

1. 28 Aug 2014 - 27 Aug 2015.
2. 28 Aug 2015 - 31 Aug 2015. (4 days)

I didn't know this and just submitted for the first period and have now received a fine for not submitting the 2nd period.

There was no transactions, sales or costs, in the second period which spans 4 days.

I am a little confused as to what I should submit for the second period? The exact same accounts as I did for the first?

Net assets are identical to the 1st period and so is the called up share capital. Obviously there was no profit during the 4 day period but how do I get my balance sheet to balance?

I attach an image.

I would really appreciate any help. I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge.

Callahan

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope you can help me with something which is probably quite basic.

My accounting period is from the 28 Aug 2014 (incorporation and first day of trading) - 31st Aug 2015.

As its longer than 12 months I needed to submit two sets of accounts to HMRC.

1. 28 Aug 2014 - 27 Aug 2015.
2. 28 Aug 2015 - 31 Aug 2015. (4 days)

I didn't know this and just submitted for the first period and have now received a fine for not submitting the 2nd period.

There was no transactions, sales or costs, in the second period which spans 4 days.

I am a little confused as to what I should submit for the second period? The exact same accounts as I did for the first?

Net assets are identical to the 1st period and so is the called up share capital. Obviously there was no profit during the 4 day period but how do I get my balance sheet to balance?

I attach an image.

I would really appreciate any help. I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge.

Callahan
The profit and loss account in the balance sheet is not the P&L just for that reporting period. It should show the accumulated P&L account, therefore in your case it should be the same balance as at 27 Aug.

Ask a Question