Printing and Exporting

Reaction score
Hi There,

I've been happily running Microsoft Accounting 2009 for a while now for my Web Design company - creating invoices, quotes etc.

However, for some reason, i can no longer print an invoice be it to my PDF printer or physical printer or even export said invoice to word. It's not just invoices - quotes too. The error is:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: OfficeAccounting2
Problem Signature 01: 4.0.3610.0
Problem Signature 02: COMException
Problem Signature 03: Callback
Problem Signature 04: set_RelativeHorizontalPosition
Problem Signature 05: e39656cb
Problem Signature 06: 809
Problem Signature 07: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

I dont know why its started doing this. I'm runing Vista Ultimate - 32bit and Office 2010 32-bit. It did work fine with office 2010 but now doesnt.

Any Ideas?

I have some quotes to get out so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

Reaction score
Did you ever get this problem resolved

Did you ever get this problem resolved. I am having the same problem. Is there a patch or something. thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Error Details

Did you ever get this problem resolved. I am having the same problem. Is there a patch or something. thanks in advance.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: OfficeAccounting2
Problem Signature 01: 3.0.8627.1
Problem Signature 02: COMException
Problem Signature 03: Callback
Problem Signature 04: set_RelativeHorizontalPosition
Problem Signature 05: 8dcdfaa4
Problem Signature 06: 409
Problem Signature 07: 2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Reaction score
The Answer

If you upgrade to Office 2010, you will lose the XML functionality, which allows you to export. Microsoft was in a lawsuit, which deemed the XML tags Office Accounting was using, to be proprietary. So before Office 2010 was actually shipped, the XML capabilities were stripped out.

If you do upgrade to Office 2010, do not open your custom templates and then save them. The XML will be stripped and no data will come across. You will want to uninstall Office 2010 as well as deleting the OFFICE14 folder in the registry. (Office Accounting looks for this reg key and attmepts to export to the newest version of Word). By deleting that key, Office Accoutning will again export to Office 2003/2007... whatever the newer installed version is.

Here is the exact location of the registry key that needs to be deleted (after uninstalling Office 2010):

1) Click "Start" and then click "Run".
2) Type in regedit and then click "OK".
3) Navigate here:

Computer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Microsoft
Office

4) Delete the "14.0" folder.
NOTE Microsoft skipped the number 13... just an interesting fact.
5) At this point, I would restart to refresh the registry, then run a repair on your previous version of Office. (from add-remove programs or by inserting the 2007/2003 CD)
6) Export from Office Accounting as normal.

Reaction score
Solved

If you upgrade to Office 2010, you will lose the XML functionality, which allows you to export. Microsoft was in a lawsuit, which deemed the XML tags Office Accounting was using, to be proprietary. So before Office 2010 was actually shipped, the XML capabilities were stripped out.

If you do upgrade to Office 2010, do not open your custom templates and then save them. The XML will be stripped and no data will come across. You will want to uninstall Office 2010 as well as deleting the OFFICE14 folder in the registry. (Office Accounting looks for this reg key and attmepts to export to the newest version of Word). By deleting that key, Office Accoutning will again export to Office 2003/2007... whatever the newer installed version is.

Here is the exact location of the registry key that needs to be deleted (after uninstalling Office 2010):

1) Click "Start" and then click "Run".
2) Type in regedit and then click "OK".
3) Navigate here:

Computer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Microsoft
Office

4) Delete the "14.0" folder.
NOTE Microsoft skipped the number 13... just an interesting fact.
5) At this point, I would restart to refresh the registry, then run a repair on your previous version of Office. (from add-remove programs or by inserting the 2007/2003 CD)
6) Export from Office Accounting as normal.
thank my problem solved finally I can use this software again and cancel to downgrade to the last software.

Reaction score
Wow this looks like a common problem. Does anyone know if this is a frequent issue for Microsoft Accounting Users?

Ask a Question