Printing Quotes / Invoices to PDF


K

kshanks

I just purchased SBA and I am looking for something that will tell me whether
or not I can print to PDF files for my quotes and invoices. I am currently
"upgrading" from Quicken Home & Business. I cant imagine that if a simple
program such as that can do it, that Microsoft would not have added the
feature to a package that is supposed to be comparable to Quickbooks. I have
not yet opened my software so that I can take it back if necessary. I email
invoices / quotes quite often so this feature is very important to my
business.

Thanks!
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Greg B.

kshanks said:
I just purchased SBA and I am looking for something that will tell me whether
or not I can print to PDF files for my quotes and invoices. I am currently
"upgrading" from Quicken Home & Business. I cant imagine that if a simple
program such as that can do it, that Microsoft would not have added the
feature to a package that is supposed to be comparable to Quickbooks. I have
not yet opened my software so that I can take it back if necessary. I email
invoices / quotes quite often so this feature is very important to my
business.

Thanks!
Try CutePDF (http://www.cutepdf.com/). It allows you to 'print' to a PDF
file. I use it regularly and works (for me) fine.
 
S

Steven M. S.

If you have Adobe Acrobat you can print to a pdf simply. File, print, choose
Adobe PDF, and clisck ok. It will ask you for a file name and where you want
it stored. Very Simple.

Steven
 
C

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

obviously the adobe acrobat app would be a good solution, but there are
other PDF "printers" out there that are free and decent.
One other not so obvious solution might be Macromedia's "flash paper" which
I've just gotten a copy of and really like.

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

If you make web sites for other people, you should check out ContentSeed:
http://contentseed.com/
 
K

Kris Maerke

It seems that MS could compete wholly with the Intuit products and lead on
the MS app integrations. As an example of "send by email" from QB pro in the
form of a PDF it seems that this should be a no brainer for any accouning
app. I am a current user of QB Pro and am considering switching but want to
see if the SBA can do before I make the call.
 
A

Allan Martin

Kris Maerke said:
It seems that MS could compete wholly with the Intuit products and lead on
the MS app integrations. As an example of "send by email" from QB pro in
the
form of a PDF it seems that this should be a no brainer for any accouning
app. I am a current user of QB Pro and am considering switching but want
to
see if the SBA can do before I make the call.
You will never really appreciate just how good you had it with QB until you
make the switch. Just do it.
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

Kris Maerke

Allan I am assuming you made a switch? Can it really be that bad? I guess
you would recommend that I keep my QB file current just in case.
 
A

Allan Martin

Kris Maerke said:
Allan I am assuming you made a switch? Can it really be that bad? I
guess
you would recommend that I keep my QB file current just in case.
I did not make the switch. Several months ago at an accounting technology
show Microsoft was one of the vendors. After talking with several of the
Microsoft employees I was so impressed with the enthusiasm they exhibited
for SBA 2006 that when they offered to send me a free copy of the program I
accepted their offer.

I make my living as an accounting software consultant. When I received the
product I installed same and invested quite a bit of time learning the
product to the point where I could hold myself out as a SBA 2006 consultant
and charge my normal billing rate.

At the present time I can not see myself recommending to any one currently
using QuickBooks to switch to SBA 2006. I can not do so and still consider
myself a professional.

The price differential between QB and SBA is nominal compared to the vast
difference in functionality that QB has over SBA.

I do not believe that this will always be the case, I am certain that the
enthusiasm I saw in the faces of the young men and women from Microsoft at
the show was an indication of what SBA will someday become.
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

Kris Maerke

Thanks for the insight. I am a consultant also and since I work so much I
need something that will allow better integration with some apps that I have
built to help me track time/bill clients as well as run my business. I have
tried several ways to import info into QB's check register with no luck. I
thought the SBA program would allow better interaction with my MS based apps
but unfortunately I guess it's handicap is it's nuts and bolts.

Thanks
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top