USA Project Accounting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi!

I am trying to figure out how to best use the projects function in Xero. I was trying to do two things and maybe projects isn't the right fit?

1. I wanted to retroactively create projects and add bills we have already paid for past projects. I wanted to organize this by VENDOR not employee's time. I wanted to be able to look at what we paid each vendor for each project and be able to look at the expenses by type.

2. I wanted to do the same thing as above, but for future projects. So, I would like to be able to add incoming bills that we have yet to pay to the project so we know how much we are going to be spending and also be able to see which bill corresponds to which expense account.

Maybe projects isn't for me? Any suggestions on how to better use this or if there is another feature within xero?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sound like job costing. I am not familar with xero, but you might be able to do an excel thing if you can download the info and then add a column that represents a job. i also suggest a second column that can include the type of work, just in case you do different kinds also. then pivot the report away. as payroll posts you can export a specific month into your spreadsheet and then hit refresh.

if unsure on pivot tables, check out YouTube they have great details and resources available.

Ask a Question