Proof of Income or Paystub for Contractors

Reaction score
We have a 1099 contractor who needs to provide proof of income for a new apartment. Normally for a true W2 employee they could use the paystub we provided them. But since they are not an employee but a contractor there is no paystub. Instead they invoice us and we send payment via EFT, wire, or check.

What can we provide them that would be equivalent to a paystub?

Werner Reisacher

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
1) Give him a paycheck stub for one payroll period and void the check.
2) Ask him to show a copy of his bank account into which his payroll checks are transferred
3) Confirm to the landlord in a short memo that the Contractor works for since....., and that his payments per x period as $ xx and offer him to call you back to verify directly with you.
I am sure that many companies out there are no longer handing out paper checks for W2 payroll payments. I hope somebody gives you feedback on how they handle the situation.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This is not a payroll employee this is a 1099 contractor. So, a paystub is not generated. The others have been provided. I'm looking if there is anything as standard and that is equivalent to a paystub that I haven't thought of.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You could also provide a copy of the invoices you've sent to the company and proof of payment received via EFT, wire, or check.

Ask a Question