Canada Proper Title?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I graduated this year and luckily I found a position in a 4 year-old startup as Accounts receivable clerk. Due to many many different situations I had to take up a bigger role in the company within 2 months of arriving. Now, I do Accounts Receivable & Billing, Accounts Payable, End of Month( Amortization schedules), Payroll for the 60 employees in the company, Bank reconciliation, quarterly Tax reporting and I prepare Balance Sheet and P&L statements to send to the investors.The "accounting " department has only 1 person now : me. It is a fairly new situation but I want to renegotiate terms after proving myself capable but I was wondering what Title would fit these tasks?
Bonus question: What terms would make sense when I talk to the CEO?

Thank you

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like a full charge bookkeeper. But what is in a name?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, a salary for one. And as a new graduate who recently started in the labour market, i think the name of the position can follow me throughout my career.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since you are a recent grad, I would suggest less thinking, more doing and observing. Labelling something can be limiting as well.

Ask a Question