Property Letting and National Insurance



My father recently passed away and I have inherited his former house
mortgage free. Rather than sell it in a depressed market it is my intention
to rent it out on an assured short hold tenancy.
The letting agency says it should bring in around £450 pcm as rental income,
which after any expenses I do not think is bad.
I work for an firm as a salaried employee paying national insurance via paye
and what I wish to know is would I also have to pay self employed national
insurance contributions because of this rental income and if so how much?
As you can tell I am new to all this type of thing.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads

Property Letting and National Insurance 2
National insurance 2
National Insurance 3
National Insurance... 8
national insurance 30
National Insurance Contributions 7
National Insurance Number 2
UK national insurance uk 0