USA Propertyware/Quickbooks Consolidation?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just started on Wednesday at a real estate company that buys residential housing and multifamily housing, fixes them up a bit, and then leases them out. It's all low income housing. The way the accounting has been done (by multiple different people over the last couple years) is that payroll and expenses are entered/paid out of Quickbooks, but all rents and such are recorded by the property managers in Propertyware. I worked at a commercial real estate firm previously that used Yardi, which I really liked.

I am looking for advice as far as consolidating or using just 1 accounting system. A board adviser said Propertyware is supposedly able to integrate with Quickbooks, but they had all sorts of problems and errors when they tried. We use multiple entities as far as paying expenses and which LLC owns multifamily properties and groups of residential properties. I think this would be a lot easier to do in Yardi and set different levels of access for myself and the property managers as apposed to using Quickbooks/RightNetworks and Propertyware (which I haven't accessed yet to see how it works). Thanks for any help/advice.

-Mike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, you can sync Propertyware with QuickBooks accounting system for the income and expense transactions for property portfolios. If you have properties separated over the geo-graphic locations and want to manage the collection of income and expenses, using hosted QuickBooks is worth because you can access this crucial data anywhere and anytime. Personally I would recommend you to use QuickBooks/AceCloudHosting and Propertyware in combination for better property management.

Ask a Question