USA Purchase Discounts

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im not asking for someone to answer the question for me, rather, how do I come about the answer myself?

The question is..

A company makes all purchases on credit and the supplier offers a 3% purchase discount, is the companies cash management system taking advantage of all the discount opportunities?

http://imgur.com/WWMiDcM

^ that is the given information. Like I said I dont want anyone answering my homework for me, just guidance on finding the answer. Thank you for help!

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Your post went into the moderation queue because of the link, but I have approved it now :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does all of the merchandise come from the same supplier? Does the 3% apply to all of the merchandise purchased? Are there any conditions where this 3% discount might not apply or would have to be returned?

If so, then: Take the total dollar amount of merchandise purchases and multiply it by 0.03 (%). This amount is the highest possible discount you can receive. Then see if it is higher or lower than the actual purchase discounts received.

Ask a Question