QB Enterprise Needed

Reaction score
I am the accountant at a very small non-profit (5 employees).

Right now I am operating on QB for Mac 2009. As you probably know there is the wonderful 14,500 name limit with all versions of QB aside from Enterprise. In addition, the Mac version can only upload .iif files which is next to impossible.

I understand that moving to a Window's version of QB will solve the file import issue, and that if I have Enterprise it will solve the 14,500 names issue.

My question: I need to find a way to get a cheaper version of Enterprise on my new PC (shipping now). Our organization does not have the capacity to throw down $3,000 for the latest version.

I have looked at purchasing older used versions of Enterprise, but am not sure if that is a good idea or not.

If I purchase an old copy of v7-v10, would it work? Also, would I be able to turn around and upgrade with Intuit for a lower cost?

Reaction score
So a couple of things in addition to that:

1) It may not be smart to go from Mac 2009 to a version from prior to 2009.

2) Would a solution for the 14,500 issue be to create multiple company files? My thought is to save and backup our current file at the end of the year and then start a new file for 2012.

Thoughts?

Ask a Question