USA QB/POS Conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

I just found this site and am so hopeful someone can help me. We use QB online and Lightspeed Point of Sales. LS dumps a JE for sales each night into QB. We have customer accounts (only a few) in LS that we charge stuff to and credit when they pay. However, LS enters a JE into AR when the charge is charged to the account...and enters a JE into AR when the charge is paid. However, some of these payments are made via a bank transfer. So when I enter the deposit into QB into the bank account, this adds a 'double payment' since a payment came over in the form of a JE. How do I avoid this or is there a work around? I'm completely stumped. Thanks everyone!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Debbie,

Greetings!

Interpreting your question when you receive the money from your Customers (Account Holders who charged on credit earlier) through bank transfer. Thus, QB through bank deposits record that deposit. And at the same time you record the same receipts in LS to maintain your individual account balance and at the end of the day, LS again pushes a JE to QBO about your receipts from the same customers.

I would also interpret that recording of such deposits to LS is mandatory for you as you have to maintain the individual balances on your POS.

Thus, you can simply avoid posting such bank deposits through bank feed. You can "ignore" such bank deposits through bank deposits and simply let it get recorded through LS and that way you would only have one bank deposits through JE from LS.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Ask a Question