USA Question about internships

Reaction score
I need some advice on which internship I should accept for next summer. I have been offered both an internship at a consulting firm and Walmart corporate. The consulting firm does mostly internal audit stuff, fairly large in size (global, but not on par with pwc/deloitte/etc). The internship at Walmart is in the corporate internal audit group. Which would be better/open more doors?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Determine which of the two you would choose if you were offered a full time spot at both. Then pick that one.

As far as opening more doors, when hiring folks with "intern experience" savvy companies understand that an internship is far far removed from actual full blown employment and the related experience at the companies that offer an intern program. So do not be overly concerned with that.

The Finance Writer

VIP Member
Reaction score
kirby is right on target, as usual. Internships have a value in two ways: 1) they are a path to a future permanent job offer (So pick an internship with a firm where you would agree to work full-time -- as kirby recommends.) and 2) they show future employers that you are not a lazy bum and have some first-hand knowledge about what goes on at a business office.

Ask a Question