USA Question about yearly tax report for LLC

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

So I have a question as I'll probably have to fill my tax report for my LLC. I live in Canada and operate a ecommerce in the US. I formed a LLC in order to get a EIN and be able to get access to business paypal account and also suppliers.

Now during last year I had many expenses as I was setting my business up. Bought computers as mine were getting and slow along with other things for these computers, applications, server and such.

My final profit is about 4k for the year.

So now how do I fill a report as a canadian for my US company? I had setup a godaddy book keeping account so it tracks all my expenses (most of them, seems to have missed some).

Is there some free lancer who offer to do taxes report for a LLC? Do I even have to fill a report considering the low income of my company?

I highly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
You will need to file your taxes. How to file it will depend on what kind of business you have. LLC is a legal entity, not a tax entity. EINs are granted from the IRS for tax entities, not legal entities. There are four types of tax entities:
  • Sole Proprietorship
  • Partnership
  • C Corporation
  • S Corporation
I am guessing you have a sole proprietorship, but I am not sure. Your accountant will be able to help you with that. You can find a local one or try to find one online. Maybe try Upwork.com?

Ask a Question