Questions from a High School Student

Reaction score
Hello I am currently partaking in the class, Stats AP and was wondering if an accountant could answer a few questions regarding their high school and college experience.

Which classes did you take or would have taken in high school in order to become an accountant?

Did you feel prepared for college after high school?

What advice would you give to help a high school student prepare for college?

Is there anything you would have done differently in high school to farther prepare yourself for college?

Which college(s) did you attend to become an accountant?

How many years did you attend college?

Did you enjoy your college experience?

Which college classes did you take to be an accountant?

What skills and traits are required in order to be an accountant?

Did college prepare you for your career?

Is there anything you would have done differently in college to farther prepare you for your career?

I hope you will answer as many questions as you can and thank you for your time.

Much Appreciated,

Tyler Ouzts

Reaction score
Which classes did you take or would have taken in high school in order to become an accountant?

I am currently not a CPA but can tell you high school may help prepare you but for the most part I have found I am repeating basics learned in high school in my first few classes, so don;t sweat what classes to take in High School too much.

What advice would you give to help a high school student prepare for college?

Apply yourself to your course work and learn good study habits.

Which college(s) did you attend to become an accountant?

I currently am attending Central Pennsylvania College and plan to continue on to Florida Atlantic University to major in Fraud and Forensics

How many years did you attend college?

I'll have a total of 6 years by the time I am done, but may go to Rutgers for government accounting so that would add another two. The requirement to earn the CPA designation in PA is a 150 Credit hours so a minimum of 5 years is what I see will be the standard.

Which college classes did you take to be an accountant?

When I decided to major in accounting the required courses were laid out, when to take them was my decision but what to take was provided.

What skills and traits are required in order to be an accountant?

If you want to learn more about Accounting as a career I would look on the AICPA site, this is where I went when I decided to go back to college and I feel I got a good understanding of what is required of an individual as an accountant. They also provide information on different types of accounting jobs that are available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did college prepare you for your career?

colleges makes basis of any future professional, As did my college done with me,

hope it helps!

Ask a Question