Quick Question!

Reaction score
Quick Question (s)!

I'm currently enrolled in a Community College in California, on track to transfer to CSU Fullerton (hopefully, unless I get into a good UC) and enter their Accounting program. I will be taking my first Accounting courses soon at the CC (Managerial Accounting/Financial Accounting) and I've been studying the content beforehand through YouTube tutorials and the such.

I enjoy what I'm learning through the tutorials. My question is, if someone likes or enjoys the first two classes, Managerial Accounting and Financial Accounting, could one make an assumption that they would also enjoy the rest of the Accounting courses in Upper Division courses? Or do they get more quantitative as they go on? (Not too great with Math... definitely working on it, because while it doesn't come too easy to me, I don't hate math. though but I heard through these forums that Accounting doesn't require too much sophisticated mathematics anyway.)

Also, CSU Fullerton seems to require a prereq in Business Calculus. How is that class and how does it differ from normal Calculus?

Thanks!

Last edited:

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In college they gave us a test of your likes/dislikes and the test then compared the results to a database of folks who had similar interests and then listed what careers those folks chose. Mine was dead on although - at the time - I did not know what I wanted to do. I don't know if there are similar tests out there but I suggest you see what you can find - maybe college counselor??. In general the accounting courses do not get more quantitative (some say that CPA stands for "Can't Pass Arithmetic'!) and Business Calc is watered down Calc so don't worry about that. CSUF has a terrific reputation for Business - and if you are talking UC for business there is UCI.

Ask a Question