USA Quickbooks is designed by fools and their support sucks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to get caught up on entering expenses (FREAKING CASH EXPENSES, MR QB) of the previous year. Where the .... is the simple page for entering cash expenses??? I called QB support, after 45 minutes of holding, got the same guy who had called me a few months earlier pretending to be an IRS agent... LOL, who was just ignorant to the core. "Dude, all I want to do is enter my debit card expenses," I hear click, click, click, then he emails me a link to something totally irrelevant from a 3rd party Web site. "Dude, I know how to google, you schmuck, just tell me how to enter my expenses." BTW, does anyone know what is the easiest way to get caught up?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Were the expenses cash, or were they debit entries from the account. I recommend creating a 'petty cash' account, Dr. Petty Cash, Cr. Cash. Then, create a journal entry deducting the cash expenses from petty cash, into expenses. Dr. Expense, Cr. Petty Cash. Once done, the remaining cash in petty cash should tie out (or people miscounted cash) It is also possible that owner cash is mixed in, which can also throw things off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to get caught up on entering expenses (FREAKING CASH EXPENSES, MR QB) of the previous year. Where the .... is the simple page for entering cash expenses??? I called QB support, after 45 minutes of holding, got the same guy who had called me a few months earlier pretending to be an IRS agent... LOL, who was just ignorant to the core. "Dude, all I want to do is enter my debit card expenses," I hear click, click, click, then he emails me a link to something totally irrelevant from a 3rd party Web site. "Dude, I know how to google, you schmuck, just tell me how to enter my expenses." BTW, does anyone know what is the easiest way to get caught up?
Not enough clarity here - as Steve_Level up refers to is there petty cash involved or is this owners cash that was spent out of their personal accounts for business related expenses? Quite simple actually

Create a JE and put in the different expenses then the offset would be owner contributions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is quite a frustrating experience. Did you get the resolution of your problem? Are you still using QuickBooks?

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Try the add-on tools for QB, maybe in their market place or just Google them. They solve a lot of weakness of the software.

Reaction score
Country
India
Well I thought Quickbooks Support SUCKS in India only but it is the case everywhere...Hopeless Quickbooks Team

Ask a Question