USA QuickBooks transfer help

Reaction score
I am trying to update my business from QuickBooks 97 (yeah that's right) to QuickBooks 2014. So far I have done the export and have gotten all my data, customers, and invoices from all previous years. The problem now is that all of my products I sell in the product list come in as "1001 (rebuild)" then "1002 (rebuild)" so on and so forth. I tried exporting my previous list to a .iif file and when I imported it to the new QuickBooks it moved over the name and other categories but I couldn't view who bought a certain product or how much I had in inventory. Then I figured out a specific product corresponded to "977 (rebuild)" and when I viewed a quick report on the 977 it gave all the history on that product. Is there a way to get the name and description of my products to correspond with the history of the product as is or is there another way to transfer everything???

Ask a Question