Quicken User Forums?


A

Art

Do Quicken's own User Forums actually work? I've registered several
times and responded to the activation email. But the logon that
results only works once. The next time I try to log on, my ID and
password aren't accepted--at least I can't get beyond the "Guest"
screen. What am I doing wrong?

Art
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Rick Hess

Art said:
Do Quicken's own User Forums actually work? I've registered several
times and responded to the activation email. But the logon that
results only works once. The next time I try to log on, my ID and
password aren't accepted--at least I can't get beyond the "Guest"
screen. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have cookies enabled?
--


Rick Hess
New Orleans
To reply, eliminate All_Spammers
 
M

Mike B

Art said:
Do Quicken's own User Forums actually work? I've registered several
times and responded to the activation email. But the logon that
results only works once. The next time I try to log on, my ID and
password aren't accepted--at least I can't get beyond the "Guest"
screen. What am I doing wrong?
I'm a frequent user of those forums (as is John Pollard :) ). So indeed
they work. Make sure you logon to http://quickenforums.com and not to the
liveforums address that some seem to get. Also bear in mind that the userid
that you register is case sensitive.
 
J

John Pollard

I'm a frequent user of those forums (as is John Pollard :) ).
So
indeed they work. Make sure you logon to
http://quickenforums.com and
not to the liveforums address that some seem to get. Also bear
in
mind that the userid that you register is case sensitive.
Also as I recall, you can not have spaces in the user id, but
you can create one with spaces and not realize that it's going
to cause you problems.
 
M

Mike B

John Pollard said:
Also as I recall, you can not have spaces in the user id, but
you can create one with spaces and not realize that it's going
to cause you problems.
I have seen names (such as Quicken Matt, for one) that does hhave spaces.

Others are: "Ray Haupt", "Charles Lewis", "Desert rat", etc.

But perhaps you meant trailing blanks?
 
A

Art

Yes, I do. I learned something else--if I try to log on from the
initial User Forums screen that says, "Welcome Guest--you have access
to browse," it doesn't "take," but if I go into the threads as a
guest and try to post a message, the logon screen returns and this
time completes the logon.

Intuit builds character by making us work for our rewards!

Art
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mike B

Art said:
Yes, I do. I learned something else--if I try to log on from the
initial User Forums screen that says, "Welcome Guest--you have access
to browse," it doesn't "take," but if I go into the threads as a
guest and try to post a message, the logon screen returns and this
time completes the logon.

Intuit builds character by making us work for our rewards!
The problem you describe is when you logon from a bad link somewhere on the
Intuit website. You'll see the URL as something with "liveworld" in it.
Logging on from that url does not stick. Enter the site with the URL
http://quickenforum.com and log in there. That'll stick every time.
 
A

Art

I'm getting to the forum from insdie Quicken: Quicken Help>Tech
Support Home Page>User Forums Learn More>logon and summary screen. No
reference to Liveworld that I can see. I guess it's wiser to go
directly from IE, though the program's own link should be OK (??).

Thanks again.

Art
 
R

Rick Hess

(snip)
I'm a frequent user of those forums (as is John Pollard :) ).
(snip)


Jeeze... No kidding! I never really looked at that forum until today.
Over 1K posts there from each of you since Feb. When do y'all sleep?
--


Rick Hess
New Orleans
To reply, eliminate All_Spammers
 
R

Rick Hess

(snip)
Also as I recall, you can not have spaces in the user id, but
you can create one with spaces and not realize that it's going
to cause you problems.

Out of sheer boredom (waiting for my wife to get dressed) I created an
account there with a space in it.

No apparent problems -- except now I may need to start monitoring what looks
like another interesting group.
--


Rick Hess
New Orleans
To reply, eliminate All_Spammers
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

John Pollard

Mike said:
"John Pollard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
I have seen names (such as Quicken Matt, for one) that does
hhave
spaces.
Others are: "Ray Haupt", "Charles Lewis", "Desert rat", etc.

But perhaps you meant trailing blanks?
No. When I first signed up, I tried to use my name, "John
Pollard" as my user id. I could go through the login process
with no errors, but I was never logged in. Perhaps something
changed since then, as I gave up on that user id and created one
with no spaces.
 
M

Mike B

Rick Hess said:
(snip)


Out of sheer boredom (waiting for my wife to get dressed) I created an
account there with a space in it.
Hmmm.. This can be interpreted in many different ways. Better not let the
missus know about this post. :)
 
H

Han

(snip)
(snip)


Jeeze... No kidding! I never really looked at that forum until today.
Over 1K posts there from each of you since Feb. When do y'all sleep?
Can you guys, please, pretty please, repeat the most interesting posts in
this newsgroup? I can't get along with those webbased forums, it seems
(old and crotchety - not willing to learn new tricks, except those I want
to <grin>)
 
R

Rick Hess

Han said:
Can you guys, please, pretty please, repeat the most interesting posts in
this newsgroup? I can't get along with those webbased forums, it seems
(old and crotchety - not willing to learn new tricks, except those I want
to <grin>)

I don't know if anyone has the time to do that Han, but you can just click
here:

http://www.quickenforum.com/category.jspa?categoryID=1001

....and scroll down to the second heading titled "Recent discussions in these
forums:" and the 5 subjects with the most recent posts will appear. There
might be a way to increase the number displayed beyond 5, but I don't care
enough to look for that switch. (You can manually scroll through all the
posts but that necessitates a mouse click).

I don't like the format either, although I've hardly given it a chance to
get used to it. It's better than a lot of browser-based forums though. And
the advantage there that you will probably never see here again is that it
is staffed with knowledgeable to somewhat-knowledgeable Intuit personnel
with ties to the development teams. You may want to give it another chance.
--


Rick Hess
New Orleans
To reply, eliminate All_Spammers
 
J

Jerry Boyle

Rick Hess said:
I don't know if anyone has the time to do that Han, but you can just click
here:

http://www.quickenforum.com/category.jspa?categoryID=1001

...and scroll down to the second heading titled "Recent discussions in
these
forums:" and the 5 subjects with the most recent posts will appear. There
might be a way to increase the number displayed beyond 5, but I don't care
enough to look for that switch. (You can manually scroll through all the
posts but that necessitates a mouse click).

I don't like the format either, although I've hardly given it a chance to
get used to it. It's better than a lot of browser-based forums though.
And
the advantage there that you will probably never see here again is that it
is staffed with knowledgeable to somewhat-knowledgeable Intuit personnel
with ties to the development teams. You may want to give it another
chance.
--


Rick Hess
New Orleans
To reply, eliminate All_Spammers
I strongly support Han. I think Quicken discussions should be held in an
open public forum that uses standard formatting and is available to the
widest possible audience and range of browsing, navigation and search tools.

That's my opinion (but I may be wrong :) .
 
Ad

Advertisements

H

Han

I don't know if anyone has the time to do that Han, but you can just
click here:

http://www.quickenforum.com/category.jspa?categoryID=1001

...and scroll down to the second heading titled "Recent discussions in
these forums:" and the 5 subjects with the most recent posts will
appear. There might be a way to increase the number displayed beyond
5, but I don't care enough to look for that switch. (You can manually
scroll through all the posts but that necessitates a mouse click).

I don't like the format either, although I've hardly given it a chance
to get used to it. It's better than a lot of browser-based forums
though. And the advantage there that you will probably never see here
again is that it is staffed with knowledgeable to
somewhat-knowledgeable Intuit personnel with ties to the development
teams. You may want to give it another chance.
Thanks Rick. I have just tested the waters. Don't know whether my reply
made it to the posts (yet). While the interface isn't too bad, there seems
to be a delay when accessing posts. I'll give it a few more tries ...
 
H

Han

I strongly support Han. I think Quicken discussions should be held in
an open public forum that uses standard formatting and is available to
the widest possible audience and range of browsing, navigation and
search tools.

That's my opinion (but I may be wrong :) .
Of course, you are wrong: Intuit loses control here, but not on their
website.

Apart from that, you are right on. It can be done, and very effectively,
as was shown in the past by Bruce Lee. However, we would need someone with
even thicker skin than Bruce's, able to ignore the inevitable mudslinging.
I think what undid Bruce was that he was too much on "our" side, and was
told by Intuit to cool it. That was indeed a major disservice by Intuit -
to the customer, and to itself - on a par with the decision to protect
TurboTax against piracy. They drove me to another tax program, and almost
drove me to Moneydance or another competitor. Only lazyness (not wanting
to convert) made me buy Q2005.
 
M

Margaret Wilson

Hmm, I didn't know there was a Quicken forum. I just signed up. I see that
the most prolific users get "reward points." Exactly what do these reward
points buy you? Just curious.... :)

Regards,

Margaret
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Rick Hess

(snip)
I think Quicken discussions should be held in an
open public forum that uses standard formatting and is available to the
widest possible audience and range of browsing, navigation and search
tools.
(snip)


The forum is searchable, and available to anyone who wants to participate
with any web browser. Who do you believe is being excluded? Hell, they let
me in!

I have spent very little time there (and I don't intend to ever spend much
time there) but as near as I can tell, they aren't excluding anyone's
opinions. They claim in the terms of use that "Intuit does not edit any
postings, and cannot and does not pre-screen or review every posting".
Indeed, the posts I have read bashing Quicken RPM are almost too painful to
read.
--


Rick Hess
New Orleans
To reply, eliminate All_Spammers
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top