USA Real Estate Professionals with personally held rental

Apr 7, 2016
Reaction score
United States
I have clients who are both real estate professionals and are members of a handful of real estate rental/brokerage LLCs that generate self-employment income for them.

Last year, they purchased a rental home in their own name (husband is name on purchase, is community property state). As they are real estate professionals, do I need to put this personal held rental on their tax return as a business on Schedule C, or as a rental on Schedule E?

Is the net income/loss from this personally held rental property subject to self-employment tax as they are real estate professionals?


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question