Recalling a previous 941 report


P

PT

I apparently forgot to sign an earlier one. IRS wants a replacement signed
copy. Is there a quick way to recall and print the report?
 
Ad

Advertisements

H

HeyBub

PT said:
I apparently forgot to sign an earlier one. IRS wants a replacement
signed copy. Is there a quick way to recall and print the report?
I honestly don't know, but several alternatives come to mind.

1. As the IRS to return the original for your signature.
2. Make a copy of the one in your file and sign that.
3. Do what the president does. When a request for an autograph is received,
the sender gets back a nice card - and this is true of all White House
administrations since Washington - that says:

"We receive many requests for autographs
and regret that we are unable to personally
honor them all. We hope this card will be
appropriate."

Sincerely,
George & Laura Bush

If it's good enough for the IRS' boss, it ought to be good enough for them.
 
A

Allan Martin

PT said:
I apparently forgot to sign an earlier one. IRS wants a replacement signed
copy. Is there a quick way to recall and print the report?

There is no other way, you will have to perfrom the same procedure you used
the first time to print the 941 again.



 
J

Joanne

Allan Martin said:
There is no other way, you will have to perfrom the same procedure you
used the first time to print the 941 again.
The problem is, and I think this is a shortcoming of QB, only the current
year form (2006) is available to you now. Your data is available, but the
form itself for a prior year is gone.

Perhaps, if a copy is not available from your files, you may want to print a
Payroll Summary Report, sign and send it.

Another possibility, but I think it will only work if no employee has gone
over the SS annual limit for the year in question, is to print the data on a
2006 form and change the form date with a black marker.

I recall a time when IRS sent a form letter for signature that didn't
require resubmission of the return, similar to what HeyBub was saying.

--
Sincerely,
Joanne

If it's right for you, then it's right, . . . . . for you!!!

http://www.jobird.com
 
A

Allan Martin

Joanne said:
The problem is, and I think this is a shortcoming of QB, only the current
year form (2006) is available to you now. Your data is available, but the
form itself for a prior year is gone.

Perhaps, if a copy is not available from your files, you may want to print
a Payroll Summary Report, sign and send it.

Another possibility, but I think it will only work if no employee has gone
over the SS annual limit for the year in question, is to print the data on
a 2006 form and change the form date with a black marker.

I recall a time when IRS sent a form letter for signature that didn't
require resubmission of the return, similar to what HeyBub was saying.
So print it out on a 2006 form and manually enter the data on the 200X form
if the period is for a prior year.
 
J

Joanne

Allan Martin said:
So print it out on a 2006 form and manually enter the data on the 200X
form if the period is for a prior year.
If you have employees who exceeded the SS limit, make sure the print-out is
calculating the SS correctly before transferring the information as Allen
has suggested.

J
 
F

Fred Exley

When I was in the 6th grade (1965) a classmate wrote President Johnson for
his autograph, and he actually got back the real thing!
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Bob Pearcy

PT

I have QB 2006 Pro and it will let me print any 941 I want. Don't understand
the problem!

Bob
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads


Top