Recalling a previous 941 report

Discussion in 'Quickbooks' started by PT, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. PT

    PT Guest

    I apparently forgot to sign an earlier one. IRS wants a replacement signed
    copy. Is there a quick way to recall and print the report?
    PT, Sep 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. PT

    HeyBub Guest

    I honestly don't know, but several alternatives come to mind.

    1. As the IRS to return the original for your signature.
    2. Make a copy of the one in your file and sign that.
    3. Do what the president does. When a request for an autograph is received,
    the sender gets back a nice card - and this is true of all White House
    administrations since Washington - that says:

    "We receive many requests for autographs
    and regret that we are unable to personally
    honor them all. We hope this card will be

    George & Laura Bush

    If it's good enough for the IRS' boss, it ought to be good enough for them.
    HeyBub, Sep 2, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. PT

    Allan Martin Guest

    There is no other way, you will have to perfrom the same procedure you used
    the first time to print the 941 again.

    Allan Martin, Sep 2, 2006
  4. PT

    Joanne Guest

    The problem is, and I think this is a shortcoming of QB, only the current
    year form (2006) is available to you now. Your data is available, but the
    form itself for a prior year is gone.

    Perhaps, if a copy is not available from your files, you may want to print a
    Payroll Summary Report, sign and send it.

    Another possibility, but I think it will only work if no employee has gone
    over the SS annual limit for the year in question, is to print the data on a
    2006 form and change the form date with a black marker.

    I recall a time when IRS sent a form letter for signature that didn't
    require resubmission of the return, similar to what HeyBub was saying.


    If it's right for you, then it's right, . . . . . for you!!!
    Joanne, Sep 2, 2006
  5. PT

    Allan Martin Guest

    So print it out on a 2006 form and manually enter the data on the 200X form
    if the period is for a prior year.
    Allan Martin, Sep 2, 2006
  6. PT

    Joanne Guest

    If you have employees who exceeded the SS limit, make sure the print-out is
    calculating the SS correctly before transferring the information as Allen
    has suggested.

    Joanne, Sep 2, 2006
  7. PT

    Fred Exley Guest

    When I was in the 6th grade (1965) a classmate wrote President Johnson for
    his autograph, and he actually got back the real thing!
    Fred Exley, Sep 3, 2006
  8. PT

    Bob Pearcy Guest


    I have QB 2006 Pro and it will let me print any 941 I want. Don't understand
    the problem!

    Bob Pearcy, Sep 26, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.