Recognised professional qualifications?

Discussion in 'UK Accountancy' started by, Mar 19, 2013.

  1. Guest

    Are the following letters after someone's name recognised in the UK as
    those of a professional accountant?

    MIBA (miba)
    AAIA (aaia)

    I have tried searching on these without success.
    , Mar 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

  2. Mike Lewis Guest

    Never 'eard of them.

    Mike Lewis MSC*

    (*Manchester Ship Canal)
    Mike Lewis, Mar 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

  3. Guest

    Thanks for the thumbs down, there :) It doesn't seem like they're
    that instantly recognisable in the UK.

    From elsewhere I've been assured that:
    AAIA Associate member Association of International Accountants
    AFA Associate member Institute of Financial Accountants
    , Mar 20, 2013
  4. Mike Lewis Guest

    I don't really know what the hell they are either. Eg do you have to pass
    any exams?

    Mike Lewis (MSC)
    Mike Lewis, Mar 21, 2013
  5. Guest

    , Mar 22, 2013
  6. Mike Lewis Guest

    Lets put it this way.............

    If you want an income reference from an accountant to be accepted by a
    mortgage company it has ot be from one of these:

    Chartered Accountant, English, Scottish. Irish is probably OK as well.
    Chartered Certified Accountant
    Maybe AAT but I don't know.

    Mike Lewis (MSC)
    Mike Lewis, Mar 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.